If I don't agree with the citation, what should I do?
You should consider scheduling a court appearance to plead NOT GUILTY. A defendant can only enter a Not Guilty plea before a Judge. For non-local Defendants, the plea may be submitted by correspondence.

Prior to entering your Not Guilty plea to the court, you may want to contact the Nye County District Attorney's office for possible plea negotiations. By negotiating a plea agreement, a traffic trial is avoided.

If the District Attorney and the Defendant are unable to reach an agreement, then a trial date in front of the Justice of the Peace will be set.

All Defendants, including non-local individuals, must appear in person or authorize an attorney to represent them at these proceedings.

Show All Answers

1. After I get a traffic ticket, how long should I wait to pay it?
2. My traffic citation is at warrant. What do I do now?
3. If I don't agree with the citation, what should I do?
4. Do you have an attorney that will answer my legal questions?
5. Can I make an appointment to talk to the Judge?