The Nye County Recorder's Office is forbidden by law to give out legal advice.
- Deeds must contain specific information please review our checklist.
- A Declaration of Value form with each document that will transfer property.
- You are required to pay Real Property Transfer Tax (RPTT) or provide a reason for an exemption.
- You must fill out all the lines on the Declaration of Value form even if it is an exempt transfer.
- Each document will have recording fees.
- If your document does not meet the formatting requirements it will be an additional $25.00.
- A cover page may also be necessary.
If you have over paid Real Property Transfer Tax Refund you may be able to receive a refund by completing this form.
Other important web sites:
Nevada Department of Taxation