Nye County

Go To Search
Nye County, NV - Home Page
Animal Control
Animal Control,
20 Goldfinch Lane
Tonopah, NV 89049
Ph: (775) 751-6315,

7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Closed Holidays
Animal Control provides enforcement of animal related state statutes and all ordinances under Title 6 of the Nye County Code as it pertains to animal welfare, public health and safety, rabies control, quarantine, animal cruelty investigations, barking dogs, and animals-at-large. 

If you are requesting that an Animal Control Officer be dispatched to a location, you must provide a street address for the location. 

Tonopah and surrounding area residents are encouraged to contact the Animal Control dispatch line Monday through Friday at (775) 751-6315 to have an officer dispatched to address their animal related concerns.

For Urgent after-hours matters, that are life threatening to human or animal, please call 911 or contact the Nye County Sheriff's Office at 751-7000.

It's a fact: Every time a person is born in the United States so are 15 dogs and 45 cats, too many for the number of available homes. 

                                                  The Humane Society of the United States

                                            OUR MISSION

                To exceed expectations in the delivery of public service

Animal Issues
  • Animals at Large - It is a misdemeanor for dogs or livestock to be at large within Nye County. Dogs must be restrained by a leash unless confined on or within the owner's property. If you have a RAL problem please call Animal Control dispatch at 775-751-6315 to have an officer dispatched to your location.
  • Excessive Noise & Barking - It is a misdemeanor for a person owning or possessing an animal to allow said animal to bark, yelp, bray, or make other noises in such a manner that, because of the  duration or repitition of the noise, a reasonable person would consider an unreasonable intrusion into the quiet enjoyment of their property. Call Animal Control Dispatch at 751-6315 to have an Animal Control officer come out and discuss the matter.
  • Humane Animal Traps - Humane animal traps can be obtained from Nye County Animal Control. A $100 deposit is required. The trap may be kept for a maximum of fifteen (15) days. An Animal Control Officer will be dispatched to remove all trapped animals. Call 775-751-6315 for more information.  
  • Pigeon Infestation - Pigeons are considered unprotected feral birds and as such most private pest control agencies are knowledgeable and licensed to handle pigeon infestation. Most pigeon infestations occur on private property and as such it is the owner's responsibility to attend to the problem. 
    Some success has been found in the use of an artificial predator such as an owl, hawk, snake or cat, posted in area where pigeons congregate. The shooting of pigeons or using explosive devices to scare pigeons is unlawful within most town limits.

                                    Please Consider Spay or Neutering Your Pets

101 Radar Road, P.O. Box 153 Tonopah, Nevada 89049 Ph: (775) 482-8191