Nye County

Go To Search
Nye County, NV - Home Page
Possible Code Violations
Possible Code Violations
If you know of a possible code violation in the PRPD, contact the Code Compliance Department at (775) 751-4249.  You can also file an Online Code Compliance Complaint.

Code Compliance officers respond to your concerns about:
  • Litter on Private Property:  Dumpsters overflowing with garbage; illegal dumping of garbage; no trash pickup, etc.
  • Construction Codes:  Construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and clearing and grading work without permits; abandoned and dangerous buildings.
  • Home Businesses:  Businesses conducted in a residential property without a Home Occupation permit (exemptions are home business without outside employees and no exterior indications of business being conducted).
  • Junk Vehicles:  Vehicles on public or private property that are inoperable (i.e. flat tire, extensive damage, missing major parts). Classic or collectable vehicles are exempt.
  • Land Use Violations:  Violations of zoning and development regulations (i.e. business located in a non-permitted zone, intrusions into required setbacks, keeping of non-permitted animals on property).
  • Nuisances:  Abandoned appliances, garbage, debris and junk, abandoned buildings, junk and abandoned vehicles, etc. on public or private property.
  • Signs:  All signs must be approved by the Planning Department.  Temporary and A-Board signs are permitted only in special circumstances for a limited period of time.  No signs are permitted in County or State road right of ways and will be removed and destroyed without notice. Other sign violations are subject to removal at the owner's expense.

101 Radar Road, P.O. Box 153 Tonopah, Nevada 89049 Ph: (775) 482-8191