Notice of Hearing for the Amendment of Regulations of the Nye County Board of County Commissioners Pertaining to Medical Marijuana Establishments
The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Nye, State of Nevada, will hold a Public Hearing on Bill No. 2016-04 on Tuesday, the 21st day of June,2016, at the time of 11:00 a.m.,in the Commissioner's Chambers, 2100 E. WALT WILLIAMS DRIVE, PAHRUMP, NEVADA 89048. The purpose of the hearing is to receive comments from all interested persons regarding the adoption of regulations that pertain to Chapter 278 of Nevada Administrative Code and Chapters 17.06 and 5.32 of the Nye County Code.
The following information is provided pursuant to the requirements of NRS 233B.0603:
1. The proposed regulation amends existing regulations relating to Medical Marijuana Establishments in Nye County pertaining to standards of approval, security measures and procedures, and licensing procedures and fees.
2. The purpose of the proposed regulation is to clarify and make improvements to the existing regulations relating to Medical Marijuana Establishments in Nye County.
3. a. The estimated economic effect of the regulation on Medical Marijuana businesses: The proposed regulation would increase the fees on medical marijuana establishments for initial or renewal of licenses, requires a new fee for a security plan review, a new fee for a physical site review, and establishes a fee for monitoring of facilities by the Sheriff's department;
b. The estimated economic effect of the regulation on the public: The proposed regulations are unlikely to have any significant economic impact on the public.
Adverse and beneficial effects: The proposed regulation could be viewed as having an adverse effect pon the ability of Medical Marijuana businesses to start new business or continue operations of existing businesses due to increased costs. Beneficial effects could potentially be increased public safety due to additional monitoring of the security of facilities.
Immediate and long-term effects: Implementing the regulations would result in increased costs of operating a Medical Marijuana business in Nye County both in the short and long term. Implementing the regulations could result in greater safety and security relating to these businesses.
4. The estimated cost to the agency for enforcement of the proposed regulation: It is intended that the increased fees would cover the increased cost of the additional reviews and inspections.
5. The proposed regulation does not overlap or duplicate a federal regulation.
6. The regulation is not required pursuant to federal law.
7. The regulations are not more stringent than any federal regulation that regulates the same activity.
8. The proposed regulation establishes new fees and/or increases existing fees.
Persons wishing to comment upon the proposed action of the Nye County Board of County Commissioners may appear at the scheduled public hearing or may address their comments, data, views or arguments, in written form, to: Nye County Planning Department, Pahrump Office, 250 N. Highway 160, Suite 1, Pahrump, NV 89060 or via email to:
. us. Written submissions must be received by the Planning Department on or before June 6, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
If no person who is directly affected by the proposed action appears to request time to make an oral presentation, the Nye County Board of County Commissioners may proceed immediately to act upon any written submissions.
A copy of this notice and the regulation to be adopted will be on file at the State Library, 100 Stewart Street, Carson City, Nevada, for inspection by members of the public during business hours. Additional copies of the notice and the regulatio_n to be adopted will be available for inspection and copying by members of the public during business hours at: Nye County Planning Department,Pahrump Office, 250 N. Highway 160,Suite 1, Pahrump, NV 89060.
This notice and the text of the proposed regulation are also available in the State of Nevada Register of Administrative Regulations, which is prepared and published monthly by the legislative Counsel Bureau pursuant to NRS 233B.0653, and on the Internet at http://www.leg.state.nv.us/. Copies of this notice and the proposed regulation will also be mailed to members of the public upon request. A reasonable fee may be charged for copies if it is deemed necessary.
Upon adoption of any regulation, the agency, if requested to do so by an interested person, either before adoption or within 30 days thereafter, will issue a concise statement of the principal reasons for and against its adoption and incorporate therein its reason for overruling the consideration urged against its adoption.
This notice of hearing has been posted at the following locations:
Nye County Administration, Pahrump, NV, 2100 E. Walt Williams Drive; Nye County Development Services,250 North Highway 160, Pahrump, NV; Pahrump Town Office, 400 North Highway 160, Pahrump, NV; Pahrump Valley Times Office,1570 E. Hwy 372, Pahrump, NV, Website: www.nyecounty.net