Department Operations starting March 15, 2021
Nye County Planning and Building and Safety Operations
Planning and Code Compliance
With the recent downturn in positive cases as well as the Governor relaxing some of the restrictions related to the orders issued to help alleviate the potential risks of exposure to COVID -19 we will be reopening to the public effective March 15, 2021. This will include all staff returning and reporting to the offices starting on March 15, 2021 under the following guidelines:
1. Public will be limited to 6 persons in the lobby maximum at all times. If there are already six persons in the lobby any additional public will be required to wait outside until the capacity allows them to enter the lobby.
2. Any person entering the lobby will be required to submit to having their temperature taken and answering the COVID questionnaire. Any person with a temperature of 100 degrees or more or if they provide a negative answer to the questionnaire will not be permitted into the building.
3. All persons entering the lobby will also be required to wear a mask at all times while within the building. If they do not have one we will provide them with one.
4. All interactions with the public will be conducted through the windows at each departments counters. No persons from the public will be allowed past the counter/window until further notice.
5. All meeting between staff and public will continue to be conducted through GoToMeetings until further notice.
6. We will continue to utilize the drop boxes located outside for any applicants that wish to utilize them. All items will be collected at the end of each business day for processing.
All applications can be obtained online by going to NyeCounty.net
All applications can be submitted electronically by emailing to Planning@Co.Nye.Nv.Us Please include your email address and contact phone number on your applications so that a staff member may contact you for a payment over the phone.
You may submit hard copy applications by utilizing the drop boxes located outside of Planning. Please place any payments for application in the drop box mounted to the wall.
All paper applications will be collected by end of business on Thursdays only and will be subject to a 72-hour quarantine.
To speak with a staff member, you may call 775-751-4249. Please listen to the prompts and they will direct you to the staff member you wish to speak with. You will be required to leave a voicemail with your name and email address to receive a response back. All communications with staff will be through the use of email. For general questions please press 2 (two) and leave a message.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in these unprecedented times. STAY SAFE!