CARES Act Funding
Nye County is now accepting applications for CARES Act Funding to assist local communities.
Eligible uses must be for costs incurred during the period of March 16, 2020, through December 30, 2020 due to the public health emergency.
The applications will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. For details on the CARES Act Programs, please see the Nye County CARES Act Policy for eligible uses and other program details. For businesses, you must have a state business license, and a Town of Pahrump business license if business is located in Pahrump, to be eligible.
Nye County has created the following programs to help local communities:
- CARES Act for Non-Profits to offer Rental, Mortgage, Utility, and Food Assistance to Community
- CARES Act for Public – Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance
- CARES Act for Small Businesses – PPE & Rental Assistance
- CARES Act for Sub-Entities – PPE, Telecommuting, Medical Facility Modifications, and Retrofit
- For assistance completing the CARES Act Public – Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance application, please contact Nye County Health and Human Services at (775) 751-7095
- For assistance completing applications for the other grants, please contact Samantha Kramer, Nye County Grants Administrator at (775) 751-7091
Working Capital Grant
Nye County is working with the Nevada Association of Counties (NACO) on the Working Capital Grant to support small businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. Eligible uses include utilities, and payroll not covered by PPP, inventory etc. This grant program is being supported by federal CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Funds. Click button below to apply.
NACo Grant awards range from $5,000 to $15,000 for the Working Capital Grants depending on the number of employees up to 19. Applications for this Grant is open September 8 thru October 6, 2020.
The Nevada Small Business Development Center is partnering with NACO to provide help on completing the Working Capital Grant. Request free and confidential assistance by calling 800-240-7094 to make an appointment with a counselor through one of their 13 statewide locations, including in Pahrump.