Ryan White Part A Funds (HIV / AIDS)
The purpose for the Ryan White Comprehensive Aids Resources Emergency (CARE) Act is designed to assist people who are infected by HIV and AIDS to stay in medical care, including those clients that are undocumented. The program is also designed to improve the quality and availability of care for people living with HIV/AIDS. This includes assistance for persons diagnosed with the disease and those affected by those persons (such as spouses, partners, parents and/or caregivers).
Grant monies, when available, will assist persons living with HIV/AIDS and those persons affected by them by providing assistance and/or referrals in obtaining medical, social, community, legal, financial and other needed services.
Those services may include:
- Assistance with HIV/AIDS care service system navigation
- Assistance with transportation, in the form of rides, gas vouchers or bus passes, to and from HIV/AIDS related medical and social support services
- Assistance with transportation, in the form of rides, gas vouchers or bus passes, to and from Ryan White Part A Planning Council related activities
- Assistance with other services covered by the Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) definition of non-medical case management services
- Food Pantry
- Emergency financial services (rent/utilities)
Education may be provided to the general community, as needed, regarding the Las Vegas Transitional Grant Area (TGA) system of HIV/AIDS care.
Community Outreach is conducted in order to identify HIV infected persons and link them to care including short term case management for the newly diagnosed.
For assistance or additional information, please contact the Department @ (775) 751-7090 or (775) 751-7096 or you can reach us by Email
Further information on the Ryan White Part A Grant can be viewed on the Las Vegas Ryan White Website - http://www.lasvegasema.org/
To protect the client’s right to privacy, all information is kept confidential and private.