Nye County is accepting preliminary applications for CDBG-CV grants
(Community Development Block Grants - Coronavirus)
County's CDBG webpage
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has made approximately $9.9 million in funding in Round 2, and $2.5 million in funding in round 3 available through the CDBG-CV (Coronavirus) program.
Eligible activities under the above allocation consist of: Public Facility and Public Improvements Projects, Public Service Programs, Planning Studies, Economic Development Business Assistance, and Microenterprise Activities.
Eligible activities paid for with the State CDBG Funds must meet one or more of the three national objectives listed in CDBG Federal Statutes as follows:
- Benefit to low-income households or persons;
- Elimination of slums and blight;
- Meeting urgent community development needs.
Please see schedule of due dates below, and also any pertinent backup listed for reference.
Four (4) Public Meetings will be held in conjunction with a Board of Commission meeting as required under CDBG-CV Eligibility Guidelines.
- January 4, 2021 – Overview of Program and Past Projects Presentation
- January 20, 2021 – Presentations of Potential Projects (Pahrump Meeting)
- February 2, 2021 – Presentations of Potential Projects (Tonopah Meeting)
- March 2, 2021 – Prioritization of Eligible Projects and Board will determine which projects will be selected to move forward.
2021 CDBG-CV Documents